Cyber Monday is the day of online bargains. It’s like the online shop’s Black Friday. It’s also a second chance for shoppers who missed out on the Black Friday madness some days before.
This year, Cyber Monday will be on 26 November 2018.
What is Cyber Monday?
Initially, the term “Cyber Monday” was created years ago when only some nerds ordered online. By giving big discounts, the online shops wanted to make online shopping more popular. In recent years, the online retailers didn’t want to offer their discounts after the brick and mortar stores so they created something new called the “Cyber Week”. Starting on Monday before Black Friday and lasting until Cyber Monday it’s a week full of deals and special discounts. Big online retailers participating in Cyber Week are Amazon and AliExpress.
Black Friday vs. Cyber Monday
Compared to Black Friday, Cyber Monday is a small event in Britain. As you can see on the Google Trends graph the Search Volume in Britain for Black Friday (blue) is around 20 times bigger than for Cyber Monday (red).
Advantages of buying on Cyber Monday:
- Some online shops want to clear their Black Friday stock on Cyber Monday, some items get cheaper
- You never have to wait in line on Cyber Monday, because you can shop all items online
- Some online shops put in extra effort for “their shopping day” and give more discounts on Monday than on Friday
- As Black Friday is far more famous, some offers go unnoticed by a lot of people and are sold out slower
The best Cyber Monday UK 2018 tips
- Plan what you want to buy: It’s nothing wrong in being spontaneous. But please compare the prices of the items you want to buy including historical price data. Check out CamelCamelCamel, PriceSpy and PriceHistory before you buy. Or read our deal descriptions carefully. We’ll do the work for you!
- Don’t miss the best offers: There’s two ways to not miss any good Cyber Monday offer. 1. Follow your favourite brands and retailers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and by email and get a full inbox 2. subscribe to our newsletter and get not more than three emails during the Cyber Week and visit this site regularly. It’s easy to not miss any good deal.
- Use cashback – if possbile: Whenever possible, try to use cashback. Either with your credit card or with websites like Quidco or TopCashback.
Cyber Monday in the UK
Cyber Monday in Britain is becoming bigger every year. As the last relevant shopping day before Christmas, it’s the last opportunity to land a deal and buy cheap Christmas presents. A lot of shoppers wait deliberately on Black Friday and Cyber Monday to pick up discounted bargains. Because of that, there’s a lot of money to be made by retailers and that’s why Cyber Monday and Black Friday get more and more important for the retailers, too.
Sometimes, the discounts on Cyber Monday are even bigger than on Black Friday because the stores try not to overstock. And there’s also the advantage that you can simply buy your desired items from home or at work without waiting in line at a store. The disadvantage is that you have to wait on the delivery of your items.
- Amazon UK: Had hundreds of “Lightning” deals – offers valid during a short period of time in limited quantities. Amongst others Kindle, Echo, ..
- Argos: The Black Friday offers were valid until Tuesday, including Cyber Monday.
- Asos: 20% on everything with the coupon code “WIN20”, valid until Tuesday 8am.
- The Body Shop: 40% off on selected items, free delivery
- Boots: Extended their Black Friday offers until Monday
- Currys PC World: Hundreds of discounted items, promised “the biggest Cyber Monday ever”
- Debenhams: 15% and more off on products of all ranges
- eBay: Up to 50% off on Marketplace items
- Etsy: Some individual sellers offered discounts on a special landing page
- Gap: 50% off on all full-price articles, no exceptions. Free delivery. Couponcode: “CYBERGAP”
- Habitat: Black Friday offers were extended until Monday
- Hobbs: 20% on women’s shoes and clothes
- Lego: “Brick Friday” offers were valid through Monday
- Marks&Spencer: no special Cyber Monday discounts
- Mobiles.co.uk: New deals every other hour in their online shop
- MossBross: 20% off of everything
- Tesco: Same deals as on Black Friday
- Very: Deals on consoles and games p.e. PlayStation 4 Pro Bundle with 1 game for £299
When is Cyber Monday?
Cyber Monday is the Monday after Black Friday, the day following Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is one of the most important holidays in the United States. Traditionally, families gather together, no matter how long the distance and share a meal. The day after Thanksgiving is a day off for most students and employees. Retailers noticed this fact and that most families already shared their Christmas wishes with each other. For dozens of years, Black Friday is now the most important shopping day in the US. A lot of retailers will keep their sale running on Saturday and Sunday. In the UK, Black Friday is considered as the biggest shopping day of the year. Even bigger than Boxing Day.
As Cyber Monday is on another date every year, we have collected the dates of the next years:
- Cyber Monday 2018: 26 November 2018
- Cyber Monday 2019: 02 December 2019
- Cyber Monday 2020: 20 November 2020
- Cyber Monday 2021: 29 November 2021
- Cyber Monday 2022: 28 November 2022
Cyber Monday in other countries
On Cyber Monday 2017 in the US online sales brought in $6.59 billion in total. That’s still a lot less than the total on Black Friday, but these online sales numbers are second only to the Singles Day’s numbers of AliBaba Group in China. Interesting fact: technology deals were the most sold on Black Friday while the top products on Cyber Monday were shoes and other fashion articles. Since 2006, Cyber Monday sales grew every year by between 12-22% in the USA.
In Germany, Cyber Monday is far less popular than Black Friday. Only a handful of shops has special discounts. Mainly Amazon keeps the Cyber Monday and Cyber Week going.
Cyber Monday 2018 FAQ
When is Cyber Monday 2018?
Cyber Monday 2018 is on 26 November 2018. In other words: Three days after Black Friday.
What is Cyber Monday?
Cyber Monday is one of the most important online shopping events worldwide. In Britain, it’s a bit less famous than Black Friday. But still, there’s a lot of bargains to be made three days after Black Friday.
Where can I find the best Cyber Monday 2018 deals?
We’ll publish all Cyber Monday UK 2018 deals on this page – right on the top – as soon as they are confirmed. You won’t miss any deals when you subscribe to our newsletter.
What about cashback?
In some cases you can even get cashback on Cyber Monday and Black Friday. Check out our deal descriptions for more details.